Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Life with H

Hi all,
So very typical of that Forrest girl, during her war of words with the Tovester to sum up our 4 day weekend as not a lot and a bit of shopping! True, we did stay at home, but I think we had a very productive couple of days (the minx!). We actually got a lot done around the flat including:

  • Responding to the freeholder's latest communication when he referred to our new leak (in the bedroom, came through last week) as convenient and coincidental. I assume convenient as we love to start our weekends with the elements in our flat and coincidental because, well, I don’t know. Actually what he means is, I assume he does anyway that, I did when the leak first came through email him and the landlord above us to say can they stop using our new flat roof as an access point and it may now be damaged as a result. They can get to the main roof perfectly easily with the rarest of all items – a long ladder. Also, as he knows, our lounge was decorated on the insurance, as will our bathroom. I think he is making it out that we are the ambulance chasers of building insurance and claiming for damage as and when we can. The annoying thing is, as I tried to stress to him is that weirdly, we don’t particularly want these leaks and that prior to any of them, we didn’t need the internal decoration or worse, it had just been done. He said how convenient we can blame leaks on someone else. Yes, how bloody convenient! Really makes the situation a lot better. Anyway, the long and the short is we told him that we will fix it ourselves as he is clearly incapable and send him all the photos and report to put to bed his untoward accusations.
  • Washed the windows, the car, tided the basement (it’s a common part so we have a right to use it – just to follow up on the blog about it being taken away)
  • Resurrected as a tribute to Jebus our cold frame and my toms etc are now residing out doors having been hardened up Rocky style in the drafty porch.
  • Painted aforementioned drafty porch, front door, finished off hall way, painted more doors white and touched up stray brush marks
  • Watched Shortbus, the follow up to Hedwig and the Angry Inch. Very good but a bit of a rudy!
  • Watched loads of episodes of Dexter – very good but a bit of a creepy.
  • Pampered Allie in fear that she may, at any moment, report us for failing in our duty of care.
  • Had Nishi over for dinner – she was very tasty!
  • Ate lots of Japanese stuff and pond juice which is my name for Helen’s juices I get forced on me. They are all green. Hence the name
  • Can’t think what else……..

I am currently updating my MP3 player which I got a few Christmases back. Its tiny and a mighty 1GB which when I first got had a good size to storage ratio. Lately, I have been a bit lazy and uploading whole albums so walking to work its all SKIP SKIP SKIP SKIP power ballad SKIP SKIP SKIP prodigy SKIP SKIP. I am being a brain dead because I am trying to work out the song capacity.. d’uh, nevermind – a fair few shall we say, but not a lot if you just put on albums. My latest lot that I have deleted was very embarrassing, and much like the same scenario of having clean knickers on in case I was ever in an accident, I may had to have tossed my MP3 player to the wind before the ambulance crew arrived in fear of second rate medical treatment based on my random tastes – really – can Girls Aloud sit well with Marilyn Manson and Phil Collins – I thought not too! Anyway, Girls Aloud are staying, as are Phil Collins (its only one song – Groovy Kind of Love!) but they have been trimmed down to make way for the Gossip, Mika, Kate Bush (as always), Klaxtons, Patrick Woolfe and ahem, a bit of classical….. I am such a nob!

So, lots of little exciting plans for the weekend forth coming – Michelle’s 21st this weekend coming – oh, they grow up so fast. Then to Sully’s new love pad weekend after – and we have finally been double booked!! Horray – that surely makes us vaguely popular. It’s an evening with Benjamin Zephaniah or a house party.

We have some cool films to see too, looking forward to Pans Labyrinth mostly. You can say a lot about Helen, which is mostly bad, but what you can also say is she has very good taste in movies and has the old fingers on the pulse (no doubt down to years of Empire subscription) so we do see a lot of challenging and interesting movies like Hard Candy, Brick, and loads I can’t remember the name of – actually one of my favourites and I can’t remember the name, but a Katharine Hepburn classic with KH playing a mother of a recently deceased son. The film was all the better as Elizabeth Taylor also starred as the son’s friend who had been committed (just remembered - suddenly, Last Summer). We have started a naughty guilty pleasure of watching movies in bed on the PC, not least because the lounge has been out of operation for so long. It’s a lot of fun too – we lock the flat up, turn off lights, boiler etc, source out supplies and get snaggled in the duvet. Movie over, quick chat on our thoughts and then lights out. Bliss!

Anyway, its 10 to 8 and I have a stack to do before Helen gets home and accuses me of doing nothing! I hope everyone had a lovely weekend and are enjoying the weather – our handbag skinned neighbour Harry (who thought the other day I was calling him seductively when I was actually calling for Allie – not that I was calling allie seductively, I just wanted her in so we can go out) predicts hot hot hot and is seen mostly in shorts and flip flops – hence the handbag skin!!

Take care all!!

Love

Kat x

1 comment:

Brinstar said...

Wow, that Helga is huge liar! Sounds like you did a whole lot at the weekend!

Pan's Labyrinth was good. Unfortunately, I have banned myself from paying to go to the cinema, so I am not current on the hot films to see. I may set myself up with a basic Netflix account so I can at least catch films on DVD. I feel like I'm the last person on Earth who hasn't seen 300.