Wednesday, June 06, 2007

He points without chemicals


Oh Agent Cooper - how I love you!

Hi all,

Thought I would blog as its important to keep it real while we sink ever deeper in the cesspit of online networking that is FaceBook – god love it!

Saw Amy the other day for some comedy – had a strange “we’re communicating but it’s not virtual” moment before settling in to a rather good evening – anyone else feeling that? It was particularly odd when we realised we hadn’t seen each other since Christmas or the last 5 months to be precise but obviously felt very much in touch. I like Facebook and blogging and a good email – don’t get me wrong. Its great way to say “hey, been thinking of you and hope you’re alright, am just a bit busy right now, and I guess you are but I care about you nonetheless and want to know what you are doing”. Helgarma and I feel ridiculously busy right now – a combination of not being able to say no and work and stuff. I am now regretting the format of my diary as I can’t seem to scroll down all the things I need to do and have adopted a system of colour indicating importance and shorthand. I can feel already that 2007 will for some reason be a year that will rush by absurdly – and not just for us – just some examples that come to mind – G & M*C with the wedding and its preparation, Capt as he enters the final straight of his PhD, Chris, M*C, Amy and Sully and their respective love-Masters. Seems like its going to be one of those years when we all get together for New Years Eve for 2008 and breathe an amazing sign of relief – a bit like in the Strongbow adverts.

We are trying to retain a sense of normality by watching TV on the computer and not being a slave to the TV listings – hence how we are fitting in Twin Peaks, equally a graphic novel is a great way to squeeze in some reading. The garden too, at last, seems to be looking after itself too which is a relief – I just need to teach the clothes to wash themselves and train the flat to run a broom round itself.

Work is going ok, busy too typically. I have started giving talks to mother and toddler groups which is nice for the “awhh” factor and also reaching some more vulnerable consumers – I have been targeting them at areas traditionally economically deprived – and its been good – managed to convince one mum who was describing her 50 dummies that she bought off eBay to not give them to baby. Its quite difficult because having a baby for the first time at least is horrifically expensive to even keep 65 metres behind the Joneses (damn you Joneses and the pressures you put on us all!) and there are plenty of people waiting to exploit these people with unsafe products at cut price value that are just horrific. My residential courses are becoming more frequent now too so lots of trips to the miserable old hotel in Ashford. The hard thing with this is people just won’t shut up about work too during the evenings – lots of “I got this consumer £28932492864 squillion back” “well I did such a good job my consumer bought me a house and a matching car” my contribution because it was getting tedious and this was the third night in the row “I got the most service complaints in my team, one of which got escalated to an MP” – quite proud of that one! It worked, but to the extent of an embarrassing lull in the conversation. Surely we had more in common then our jobs? No? Ok then! I did tell my little gang (yes, I have a residential gang for which I occupy the position of group clown) that the fact flies have free-will and that when they buzz around your head they do it on purpose has been bugging for the last week. I am guessing that this trait might be common amongst the planners? Don’t get me wrong, some of them are very nice, especially my gang – who when given a task to discuss product recalls - we had a debate about a sex-aide made famous by Sex and the City that was subject to a product recall due to a loose shaft (surprisingly, I instigated this conversation) and went back to class suitably pained with cramps in our sides. On reflection on that last paragraph, it sounds rather mean, but it’s not so much the talking about shop after hours it’s the “I’m better then you because” mentality. We are all away from home and rather be anywhere but Ashford plucking our toe nails out so it would be nice to be a bit nicer I suppose.

In other news, very briefly, as I have surprising a stack of things to do tonight before the Apprentice that I actually want to see at its allotted time in case I reader a spoiler.

· Whilst cleaning my smashing car, I discovered removing car seats is way easier then putting them back in

· Off to Rome soon with my favourite girls (namely Helgarama and my potential kidney donors) and also seeing Sully who is also in the favourite girl league!

· Preparing myself for the many antics and plans for Tove’s stag do where I will only answer to Keith and will lift the lid up on the toilet just for the hell of it!

· Seeing a play this weekend which should be good

· Loving loving loving Twin Peaks – Helen and I are up for a polygamous marriage with Agent Dale Coop (but no funny business of course!)

· The Owls don’t appear to be what they seem

· Really enjoying Patty Smith’s covers album and Joan as a Police woman

· Hoping to catch up with a mate who haven’t seen for oh so many years but collided on Facebook

Well, for many – I shall see you on Facebook – looking forward to some real interaction some time soon though.

Take care all,

Love and Hugs

Kat x

2 comments:

Amy said...

Back to being virtual - but was oh so lovely to see yourself and Helga the other evening! I agree though - its great being able to keep in touch even when things are mega busy! God love facebook!

See you soon!

xxxx

Jon Swords said...

Facebook is great - when i'm doing marking i can look up the students and adjust their marks according to their looks...only joking, i judge them on how many friends they have...only joking...

On graphic novels i've just started the graphic adapion of the 9/11 report by Sid Jacobson (former editor of Harvey Comics) and Ernie Colon (of DC and Marvel). It's very good.