Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Crap day :(

Whoa, so today has been The Worst working Day of My Life ™. I am leaving Hounslow and today I discussed it with the big guy. I have a really good relationship with my Chief so it was quite sad really in all. And just as I was thinking, am I making the right decision you get a sign. In short, I complained about a colleague in March who stood up and shouted in my face one day – inappropriate behaviour I thought. No – the behaviour of someone who feels a bit left out and to resolve this, as a team, we need better communication skills and maybe a team building day. Hmmm, that should sort it. Its quite a blow because I felt really intimidated by the incident and essentially I had to admit this weakness in my grievance. The grievance wasn’t vindictive. I felt that a colleague that exhibits intelligence and competence has the most random and spontaneous temper and it didn’t make sense – I had to suggest an outcome of my grievance – I said that I wanted my colleague to be given help in recognising how she is perceived and to help her correct her behaviour – she will be getting a letter saying its not nice to shout. So it was very nice to get home and open a letter from the bank – Helen and I have the most ridiculous current account that instead of paying interest on what you accumulate does a payback scheme on what you spend. Well, it’s a joint account that pays all our bills, mortgage and everything else – so a hole heap of spending and a nice payback. It’s really giving out the wrong message! Anyway, to cheer me up, I thought I would review Now 67 because if I understand correctly, despite most of you barely hitting the half way point of your 20’s you all feel old. Well, as Granny Helen and me, Nanny Katty have been ‘old’ for some time, I will help you lot with my review so when you are with da kids (anyone under 24) and you fancy a bubble, you can diss the latest tunes.

CD1

Rihanna, ft, Jay-Z, Umbrella

Its all right, don’t understand why its been number 1 for so long

02 Gwen Stefani. Feat. Akon - The Sweet Escape

Heard this the other day from a loud card full of youths – liked it then, and like it now from the comfort of my arm chair whilst it turns on the gramophone.

03 Gym Class Hero - Cupid's Chokehold (Take A Look At My Girlfriend 2007)

I refused to listen to this after releasing this was the same song some pleb had playing from his tinny mobile loud speaker and felt offended for anyone who likes the original

04 Kate Nash – Foundations

Despite seeing Miss Nash perform on the Friday Night Project, I actually thought this was Mutya song with Grove Aramda. That said, it is easily my favourite and reminds me of the Streets and maybe slightly more of Just Jack when they are at their best.

05 Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend (Radio Edit)

Oh, god I would be the first to admit I can’t bear Avril – but what an irresistible fantastic song! Love it!!!

06 Take That – Shine

Nice

07 Enrique Iglesias - Do You Know ( The Ping Pong Song )

Refused to listen to this song – ridiculous song name, ridiculous person.

08 Mika - Love Today

Probably some of the better examples of how good pop can be – bit samey if you have the album though

09 Mutya Buena - Real Girl

Oh Munta! That piercing has to go! However, who wrote this song for you did you well love, not least for the bombing Motown riff that more then compensates your voice.

10 Beyonce & Shakira - Beautiful Liar

I know Gary likes this song - enough said I think!

11 Timbaland. Feat Keri Hilson & D.O.E - The Way I Are (CDS Edit)

Its all right (or ‘s’rite) – don’t get the fuss

12 Amerie - Take Control

Bit samey directly shipped from the factory of pop artist. All right in its own right, very forgettable

13 Christina Aguilera – Candyman

A few seconds of a potentially promising song – then gets really crap!

14 Kelly Clarkson - Never Again

Same old stuff from Kelly

15 Mc Fly - Baby's Coming Back

Crap.

16 Natasha Bedingfield - I Wanna Have Your Babies

I heard this once, I don’t need to hear this rubbish again!

17 Fergie. Feat Ludacris – Glamorous

Hits an 8 on the pants-o-metre. But ok for a few listening

18 Justin Timberlake - Lovestoned (I Think She Knows) (Interlude)

I love Justin and I love this song!

19 Ne-Yo - Because Of You

Feeling of indifference has overwhelmed me

20 Akon. Feat. Snoop Dogg - I Wanna Love You (Clean)

Saved by Snoop.

21 Robin Thicke - Lost Without U

This song made me feel sick!

OK, even I can see this review is getting out of hand! If anyone wants a review of CD2 song by song, then make the appropriate comment! We’re off to see the Simpsons tonight. I got the tickets today being the big ol’ fan that I am. Here’s to a great Thrusday!

Love Kat x

2 comments:

Jon Swords said...

Avril Lavigne = the new Alanis Morrisette...FACT

Amy said...

Sorry to hear of your crap day! I didn't know you were leaving Hounslow (I'm sure I was listening)!?!? What are the plans?

You'll have to come over and watch teh rest of 'a place in slovakia' to cheer you up. Apparently they are doing a follow up series coming out this year!