Sunday, September 30, 2007

The good times have come to end

The last blog was on the 20th of August and although that's only a mere six weeks ago, a lot has happened, including wedding of the year. Usually with such lengths in between blogs I do tend to rattle on, so I shall try and limit this blog and blog a little bit more regularly.

Helen and I went on an awesome holiday to Wales - substitute awesome for relaxing - although we did some extreme hill climbing! We went away to mark 5 years together which is pretty cool considering what a nag I am and what a 'half-a-job' Helen is.

At the beginning of September we had a mega weekend - substitute mega for very busy. Went to Nishi's for a delicious dinner in the evening of no less then 6 different dishes for the main course. Then that evening, partly due to the A3 and my madness, we drove down to the land of hopes and dreams (Pompey of course) to help Mum with some DIY and by chance, a meeting with Norman - the now deceased previous keeper of my Dad's new house. For Christine's sake who got the willies so bad there was nearly two Mr Chris's he is of course not real. But somebody let Allie out of our room and led her to the open window in the adjoining bedroom! Anyway, I told Norman that if he misses with Allie during our stay, I will nobble his spiritual knees and that seemed to work.

I then went away to Ashford again, leading us up to the weekend of the 15th, aka wedding of the year. I don't want to keep reiterating what other's have said, but it really was such a lovely day! Sully spent the whole weekend with us too which made it all the more fun on the Friday and the Sunday.

Off I went to Ashford again for the ninth and last time - I made some really nice friends on the courses which is nice so will miss that in a way, but won't miss leaving Helen! On the weekend we went to the Globe to see the Merchant of Venice. I was shocked that such an anti-semantic play had survived, is being a play by Shakespeare enough to justify it - or is it also a useful reminder of the past?

This takes us to my last week at Hounslow. I have been there for over 3 years now, with a brief month or so sabbatical about halfway. I made some fantastic friends and a major enemy near the end (as did everyone else I might add!) - I had a brilliant leaving do with the usual silliness you might expect from me! Well, that pretty much takes us to today - I had my final lay-in (until 11.45 when I was ordered out of bed), read the Saturday supplements, did some last minute shopping and am now sat here. Allie is belching away not so lady-like in style having just scoffed some fancy cat food Helen bought. Oh - the title of the blog - good times coming to an end. Well, its been a fairly well known fact that I can eat what I like and not put on any weight - until now. Ron thinks its to do with me giving up caffeine - what ever it is, I have gained a stone since my last blog, my clothes are tight if not fitting at all and I have shocking meat cravings. I am glad I am not in the 'at risk' group for pregnancy as I would be right royally worried now!

I shall sign off now - hopefully I will blog fairly soon, but I have exams coming up in Nov so I should really keep my head down until then.

Lots of love

Kat x

1 comment:

Brinstar said...

Could you teach me your secret to gaining weight? :-P

Sounds like you all have had a busy and great past couple of months!