Wednesday, October 03, 2007

New beginings

Well i am safely half way through my first week in my new job. First two days were incredibly dull - induction stuff, nerves and meeting so many people that I am being re-introduced forgetting I had already met them. Day two was however more exciting due to a post code worthy spot that randomly came up mid-morning (full of nervous dust I am sure) that I had to perform emergency surgery on and the small matter of my zipper breaking on my trousers. I decided that faking IBS was a better plan then flashing my pants on that one.

The commute is fine - in fact pretty cool as I get to travel in with Miss F who also has had some great news on the job front and will be joining the RNID in November. yay!

The hardest thing so far is dealing with the fact I know no one that well - I left some great mates behind in Hounslow after three years there but I am hoping I will stay in touch - randomly, Nishi did turn up yesterday at 9pm and I will also be seeing my boys Ranj and Raj in Basildon for the exams (someone needs to point out to the trading standards institute that Basildon is not a London borough! or even in side the M25 - never mind 2 hours both way to an exam can only do me good). Revision is proving a bit of a mountain - I am sitting two exams, the credit I am finding easier then safety but even still I have that nagging feeling nothing is going in. Anyho, I am going to have some dinner, wash my hair and carry on with the revision (or vision as it feels like) and wait for the little light in my life to come home as she is meeting with some friends after work (I declined on the grounds that i must at least pretend I am studying).

I hope all are well - the Toves are back - no doubt sickeningly brown!

See you all soon,
Katty x

2 comments:

Brinstar said...

Congratulations to both of you!

Amy said...

The first week of any new job is the worse, but hopefully yours are a friendly bunch and they will believe in 'pub friday'. How I got to know most people here - and no they've left - I'm the one left to carry on the tradition (it's a hard life!).

Good luck with all of the revision my lovely - will be thinking of you as I too get my head down and stuck into homework! Sucks doesn't it!

Look forward to seeing you on Saturday! Lots of love xxxxx